Welding Alloys’ solution
- A new technology has been developed by Welding Alloys to solve wear problems for the components in the sinter plants which are subjected to a combination of abrasion, impact and heat
- A mix of mechanical design, welding process and development is encompassed in Welding Alloys’s 3D-Carb™ technology
- Welding Alloys can manufacture new components for the sinter plant and refurbish where possible
- Our 3D-Carb™ technology is guaranteed to extend service life compared to traditional hardfacing surfacing technology
- The application is carried out in our Integra™ Service Centre where Integra™ technicians are able to apply techniques proven to give better protection in areas subject to aggressive wear
- Minimises downtime and maximises throughput
- The component geometry is maintained for longer which sustains crushing efficiency and productivity throughout the component service life
Consistency and customer service
3D-Carb™ is produced using welding equipment designed by Welding Alloys, which is fully encoded on all axes and programmed remotely to ensure repeatability and constant quality. The Welding Alloys cored wires used in the process have been developed specifically for applications that have to perform consistently within these harsh environments.
The components have been designed with collaboration from sinter plant engineers to ensure they achieve a lifetime sufficient to avoid inter-campaign stoppages.