Welding Alloys France SAS
22 Rue des Américains
The Product Manager Consumables is responsible for managing the product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle. In direct link with the business and customer requirements, in close relation with the Innovation Research and Development (iR&D), Marketing and Sales teams, the Group Product Manager Consumables defines and expands the product portfolio according to the defined vision.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Fluent in English, both spoken and written essential – other languages would be an advantage.
- Excellent leadership skills with an understanding of team dynamics, able to motivate and inspire colleagues across all functions of the business.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise, multi-task and able to work calmly under pressure.
- The ability to drive through tangible targets and results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, who can build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Commercially aware with an analytical mind, problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker and planner, able to translate strategies into operational objectives and activities.
- Positive mental attitude, demonstrating self-motivation drive and enthusiasm.
- Passion to succeed and commitment to the Welding Alloys objectives and targets.
Below are listed some key responsibilities:
- Be the main stakeholder to the product management for consumables, to ensure that our product range meets the needs of the market.
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by conducting market research and technological surveys to find new consumables’ development opportunities.
- Contribute to new product development decisions and follow up with the iR&D and marketing teams
- Provide assistance and advice where necessary for the sale of WA products (through training, seminars, demonstrations).
- Collect reports on product performance and track key performance indicators (KPIs) such as revenue & market share and support the team for technical welding challenges.
- Develop the technical literature and articles to promote WA Consumables knowledge and expertise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- Degree or recognised qualification in welding engineering, metallurgy or previous relevant experience gained in commercial/sales areas within the welding industry would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the WAG consumables portfolio would be an advantage, as would specific knowledge of the industries with which WAG work within.