Welding Alloys USA Inc
8535 Dixie Hwy
We are currently recruiting a Metallurgical Engineer/R & D at our Welding Alloys USA facility in Florence, Kentucky.
The job holder will report directly to the Wire Shop Production Manager.
- The job holder will undertake the following; research, development, evaluation and testing of welding wire, weld metals and welding procedures as relates to Welding Alloys products.
- The role includes design or modification of welding wire formulas, developing specific welding procedures and evaluation of product suitability for real world applications.
- Strong metallurgical understanding of manganese steels, tool steels, cast irons, stainless steels, and low medium alloy steels.
- Experience in destructive test methods, including but not limited to metallographic analysis and mechanical testing.
- Good understanding of SMAW, GMAW and SAW welding principles and the influence of the welding procedure on base metal and weld properties.
- Excellent ability to apply the scientific method to welding wire tests, welding processes, and product performance in customer applications.
- Interaction with customers, sales representatives and production in order to provide optimal solutions for specific needs. Provide technical support as needed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, good computer skills and the ability to work well with others. Capable of independent project execution, ability to multi-task. Have a hands on approach, goal oriented and innovative problem solving.
- Additional knowledge of process metallurgy, extractive metallurgy, and/or mineralogy would be a plus.
- Additional knowledge of the role of alloying elements, external and internal wire fluxes, physical and chemical properties of metals and/or heat treatment is beneficial.