Welding Alloys (Far East) SDN. BHD.
28, Jalan Riang 21
Taman Perindustrian Gembira
81200 Johor Bahru, Johor
21st February 2023
We are currently recruiting a Technical Sales Manager at Welding Alloys (Far East) facility in Malaysia to support our sales activities and growth. The job holder will report directly to the Managing Director.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity and if you feel you have the required skills and experience to drive through tangible targets and results, then this could be the role for you.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a degree or recognised qualification in welding engineering, metallurgy or previous relevant experience gained in commercial/sales areas within the welding industry;
- Someone who has prior experience in selling Joining range of welding consumables including, fabrication consumables, stainless steel consumables, nickel, cobalt, Titanium, aluminium etc.
- Someone with a strong technical background on Welding Codes & Specifications, WPS, PQR etc
- Someone who is a strong team player and has experience of coaching and mentoring sales personnel;
- Someone with a comprehensive understanding of financial processes relating to account management including margin management and contribution model management;
- Someone with an excellent knowledge of the Welding Alloys portfolio as well as specific knowledge of the industries that Welding Alloys Group work within;
- Someone who has excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Fluent English both spoken and written is essential. Verbal communication either in Bahasa Malay or Mandarin languages is as well required.
- Someone with excellent organisational skills with an analytical mind and has the ability to plan, prioritise and multi-task;
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external customers;
- Someone who has excellent computer skills e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint.
- The job holder will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within their assigned territory by effectively selling Welding Alloys products and Services.
- Assist, guide, mentor and act as a role model for other sales representatives.
- Research sources for identifying prospective customers.
- Negotiate and close contracts.
- Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Maximise new business development opportunities.
- Manage key accounts.
- Promote existing and new Welding Alloys products and services to existing and new customers.
- Ensure the CRM system is fully utilised and updated with all sales activity.
- Provide reporting on the sales activity, pipeline and opportunities.
- To provide technical support to customers, as required.